The result of 60 years of phono cartridge research and development, the AT-MC2022 offers cutting-edge technology for the analog audio aficionado. This innovative moving coil cartridge produces a sharp, vibrant soundscape that lets you hear – and feel – every detail of your music.
The AT-MC2022 has been designated an Audio-Technica Excellence Product, a recognition that identifies products that meet our highest standards of high-fidelity performance.
The highlight of the cartridge is its unified stylus-cantilever, formed from a single, lab-grown diamond. This unique construction eliminates the distortion caused by conventional bonding of stylus to cantilever, allowing for a purer transmission of the vibration from the record groove to the coils. The unified, very slim 0.22 mm (0.009") diamond cantilever ensures extremely high propagation velocity and fast transient response.
The AT-MC2022 utilizes a highly efficient magnetic circuit resulting in greater magnetic flux density and output voltage. The hybrid construction of the cartridge body consists of an aluminum base and titanium housing, with an elastomer undercover to reduce undesirable resonance. Threaded mounting holes allow for easy installation to a headshell or integrated tonearm, and high-quality terminal pins (with gold plating that’s approximately 30 times thicker than is conventional) reduce contact resistance.
In celebration of Audio-Technica’s 60th anniversary, the AT-MC2022 moving coil cartridge features design accents inspired by traditional shippo enameling (Japanese cloisonné) and comes in a specially crafted walnut storage case with flip lid, drawer and acrylic window engraved with the product’s serial number and the 60th anniversary A-T logo.
Unified Diamond Stylus-Cantilever
The highlight of the AT-MC2022 cartridge is its unified stylus-cantilever, formed from a single, lab-grown diamond. This unique construction eliminates the distortion caused by conventional bonding of stylus to cantilever, allowing for a purer transmission of the vibration from the record groove to the coils.
A Legacy Continues
The Art of Analog
“It is an honor to provide a quality audio experience to millions of people throughout the world. What begins as a simple vibration – a subtle movement – results in an emotional connection, whether that be when listening deeply to an album or sharing your voice with the world.” – Kazuo Matsushita, President of Audio-Technica Corporation
Designed for Detail
“One of the most outstanding sound characteristics of the AT-MC2022 is its fast transient response thanks to the vibration propagation of the unified diamond cantilever.
The sound profile is perfectly positioned between two speakers, providing a clear audio reproduction for avid listeners and connecting you closer to your favorite records.” – Yosuke Koizumi, Audio-Technica Cartridge Engineer
Unified Diamond Stylus-Cantilever
The lab-grown diamond is an integral part of this cartridge. Scientists carefully replicate one of nature’s rarest treasures, the diamond, using a delicate CVD (chemical vapor deposition) process. The result reflects the complex structure and kaleidoscopic layers of diamonds that are generated by carbon pressure in nature.
Connecting the World Through Music
Playing for Change
A percentage of all 60th Anniversary hi-fi sales will be donated to the Playing For Change Foundation, which was established to create positive change through music and arts education for marginalized and at-risk youth, most specifically in the developing world.
We are proud to support both Playing For Change – a movement dedicated to inspiring and connecting the world through music- and its partner organization, The Playing For Change Foundation, and share with them the vision that music should be accessible to all.
- Produces a sharp, vibrant soundscape that lets you hear – and feel – every detail of your music
- Integrated stylus and 0.22 mm cantilever, formed from a single lab-grown diamond, eliminates the distortion caused by conventional bonding for pure signal transmission and fast transient response
- The integrated diamond cantilever is lab-grown using CVD (chemical vapor deposition) process
- Body constructed of titanium and aluminum with an elastomer undercover to reduce undesirable resonance
- Utilizes a highly efficient magnetic circuit resulting in greater magnetic flux density and output voltage
- High-quality terminal pins (with gold plating that’s approximately 30 times thicker than on conventional pins) reduce contact resistance
- Black accents on cartridge body are inspired by traditional shippo enameling (Japanese cloisonné)
- Threaded cartridge mounting holes allow for easy installation to a headshell or integrated tonearm
- Comes with specially designed walnut storage case, featuring acrylic window with laser-engraved 60th anniversary logo and serial number. In addition, the packaging uses a traditional Japanese Echizen Washi paper.
- Hand crafted Ion plating that achieves both high durability and a stunning mirror finish
Please Note: AT-MC2022’s stylus assembly is not field-replaceable, but Audio-Technica offers a fee-based Moving Coil Exchange Program to properly service your moving coil cartridge.