Audiophile 180g Virgin Vinyl LP!
Mastered From Original Masters of Universal Music!
Pressed at Pallas!
Soprano Rita Streich is supported here by the Regensburg Cathedral Boys Choir with Kurt Gaebel conducting members of The Orchestra of The Bavarian State Radio.
"This is a really beautiful record in content, in singing, in accompaniment and in recording. For several years an earlier recital by Rita Streich was used by a number of my dealer friends as one of their favourite demonstration discs. This should now replace it. In addition to its other virtues it is a refreshingly original selection of songs that we are given... again and again I find an endearingly hummable quality in the songs that I have not heard before. Every song is a winner. Rita Streich is splendidly supported in three or four of the songs by the sweet-toned Boys Choir of Regensburg Cathedral and the accompaniments, mostly for small groups of instruments which vary according to the needs of each song, are all the better for their lightness and deftness." - Gramophone
- Audiophile 180g Virgin Vinyl
- Pressed at Pallas GmbH in Germany
- Audiophile analogue mastering by Rainer Maillard at Emil Berliner Studios in Berlin
- Mastered from the Original Masters of Universal Music
- Analogphonic release
- Rita Streich, soprano
- Regensburg Cathedral Boys Choir
- Kurt Gaebel, conductor
- Members of The Orchestra of The Bavarian State Radio
1. Weibt Du, Wieviel Sterne Stehen
2. O wie wohl ist mir am Abend
3. Wo E Kleins Huttle Steht
4. All Mein Gedanken
6. Der Burgermeister von Wesel
7. Der Wechsel Der Jahreszeiten
8. Schlaf Herzenssohnchen
1. Schalfe, Mein Prinzchen, Schlaf Ein
3. Der Kuckuck
5. Ach Modr, Ick Will En Ding Han
6. In der Fruah
8. Ave Maria